We are bringing you another mouthwatering pairing – Vegan Lasagna with Marinated Tomatoes paired with a cold glass of Warwick Wine Estate First Lady Sauvignon Blanc!
FOR THE MARINATED TOMATOES
• Cherry tomatoes 500g, halved
• Green olives 200g
• Red wine vinegar ¼ cup
• Juice of two lemons
• Olive oil ½ cup
• Origanum one tbsp.
• Basil two tbsp.
• Sea salt, to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
FOR THE SAUCE
• Ground cashews 100g
• Almond milk ¼ cup
• Coconut milk ½ cup
• Nutritional yeast four tsbp.
• Baby marrows eight, shaved with a peeler
• Caper berries 100g
- Place the tomatoes, olives, and the rest of the marinating ingredients (save half the lemon juice) in a small bowl and toss, slightly bruising the tomatoes as you do so. Transfer to a baking sheet and place in a preheated oven of 40∞C for 2 hours, or until soft and juicy.
- Once you have achieved the correct consistency, remove from the oven, and set aside.
- Make the sauce next by blending all the ingredients, and the other half of the lemon juice, until smooth.
- Assemble the lasagna carefully, by constructing a layer of the tomatoes, followed by a layer of the peeled zucchini and a good couple tablespoons of the sauce. Repeat the process, including a scattering of caper berries and fresh herbs.
- Top off with more fresh herbs and serve with an ice-cold glass of Warwick First Lady Sauvignon Blanc.