Easter is just around the corner, and while it may have become synonymous with chocolate overload, it’s also a time to gather family and friends for a Sunday feast of roast lamb. This Easter why not add a little French flavour to your roast lamb by cooking it alongside boulangère potatoes paired with a glass of No.1 Family Estate No.1 Rosé NV.
- Leg of lamb (2kg should serve eight guests)
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- Fresh sprigs of rosemary & thyme
- 2 kg potatoes
- 2 onions
- 600 ml light stock
- 50 gm butter
- Heat your oven to 190C/170C fan. Pierce the lamb with the point of a sharp knife and stuff each opening with a slice of garlic and small rosemary sprigs, scatter with thyme and season well with salt and black pepper. Place in your roasting dish and cover with foil.
- Peel and thinly slice your potatoes and place in a large ovenproof dish. Slice the onions and add toss these with the potatoes, any remaining slices of garlic and a good scattering of your fresh herbs.
- Heat the stock and butter together, then pour over the potatoes. Cover the dish with foil and bake in the oven with the lamb for 1 hr.
- Uncover your potatoes, place the lamb on top and continue to roast uncovered for a further 45 minutes.
Serve with a chilled bottle of No. 1 Rosé. Bon Appétit!