Follow this super easy recipe to make the tastiest pizza in the cozy comfort of your own home, together with wine of course!
– 2 1/2 cups of cake flour
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 packets of dried yeast
– 1 cup lukewarm water
– 1 tablespoon oil
– Open a bottle of Diemersfontein Harlequin and pour a generous glass – Important step!
– Mix the dried ingredients in a bowl.
– Mix the water and oil and then add to the dry mixture.
– Once combined, knead on a floured surface for two minutes, lightly rub with olive oil and put aside to rest.
– After resting and rising, pat down the dough into a pizza-ish shape (you can even use the Harlequin bottle as a rolling pin!!)
– Add any topping you want.
– Bake directly on the wire rack in the oven at 220 degrees for 15 minutes, or until light brown.
Just like the marriage of Shiraz and Pinotage that constitutes this blend, the marriage of pizza and Harlequin is sure to knock your socks off! The wine has just the right balance to sip and savour while your pizza is in the making, but then seamlessly spoils the palate as the perfect pairing with your meal. – Perfection!